26,333,011 songs have been chosen by people using crowdDJ®. If we play all those songs back to back, we’re looking at 175 years straight of music chosen in our client’s venues – which range from bowling alleys, bars and boutique hotels, to casinos, cafes and cruise ships.
And what song kicked it all off? It was ‘Smooth’ by Santana f/Rob Thomas.
What this all boils down to is that people are staying longer in venues and playing their favourite tunes, and that’s what we’re all about!
It’s also important to us to make sure that Aussie artists are paid when their song plays, which is why last year we introduced the Australian Played logo for all Australian artists on crowdDJ®.
Here’s a bit of a round-up of all the top stats:
- Most popular music genres are Dance and HipHopnRap
- 70% of songs are picked on an in-venue Kiosk, the remainder on the crowdDJ app
- New South Wales has the most crowdDJ users followed by Queensland
- Most plays occur in fitness clubs, followed by pubs, bars and amusement centres
- The most popular song is Eminem’s ‘Lose Yourself’, which has been played 98,932 times
And the top songs by genre!
Alternative: Nirvana – ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’
Club: Darude – ‘Sandstorm’
Dance: Alan Walker – ‘Faded’
HipHopnRap: Eminem – ‘Lose Yourself’
Karaoke: Britney Spears – ‘Baby One More Time’
Kids: Dwayne Johnson – ‘You’re Welcome (From Moana)’
Party: Bruno Mars – ’24k Magic’
Pop: Ed Sheeran – ‘Shape of You’
Radio: Imagine Dragons – ‘Thunder’
Rock: AC/DC – ‘Thunderstruck’
Urban: Drake F/Wizkid and Kyla – ‘One Dance’
XMAS: Mariah Carey – ‘All I want For Christmas’