Whether you’re into resolutions or not, the start of a new year can be a powerful time to make a positive change.
Almost two-thirds of Australian adults are overweight or obese, so it’s no wonder 29% of Aussies who make New Year’s resolutions want to trim down and tone up – which means more people are hitting the streets and the gym.
Unfortunately, many people will give up their resolutions by the end of January but there is a solution.
The rise of group fitness
Over the past five years, the popularity of group fitness classes has helped stimulate most of the Australian fitness industry’s growth, and group training is currently ranked #2 in worldwide fitness trends.
In a happy coincidence, group fitness is also the perfect antidote for those who struggle to maintain their new resolutions.
According to group fitness trainer Sam Merza, “part of our point of difference is to actually spend the time talking to our members and training them in a very safe environment – as well as getting fantastic results.”
Why is it so popular?
- It takes away the feeling of isolation that can be felt when starting a new routine
- New members more easily become part of their new fitness community, sharing workouts and creating friendships
- Accountability! Effort and attendance is noticed and positively reinforced by trainers and fellow members
- Sessions are short, sharp and planned – there’s no need for members to plan their workouts, plus a trainer is on hand for those who need advice
It’s no secret that music can have a positive impact on perceived effort and help keep spirits high during a session.
Nightlife is the first to create a full solution for group fitness classes.
“It’s very simple; we’re trainers, we’re not DJs. We don’t know music that well, we leave that to the experts at Nightlife,” said Sam, National Fitness Manager at Genesis Health Clubs.
“We help people exercise and get fantastic results, but what we’re not good at is DJing, so what I want to be able to do is, very simply, click a button.”
Nightlife has come up with a simple solution designed specifically for group fitness:
- Trainers can focus on helping their clients and members get incredible results and don’t need to worry about the music
- The BPM, song content and intensity of the playlists is designed to keep spirits high for the duration of every class
- The playlists are maintained and the order mixed so that you get a new combination every time
- Whether you’re running classes out on the gym floor or managing dedicated group fitness sessions, the playlists fit right in with what your members know and love
- Just like a DJ, we cue-point each track so there are no awkward silences or weird intros – it’s wall to wall consistent sound that won’t drop out or suffer from volume fluctuations
Coming soon – join our waitlist
Join our waitlist to receive more information as soon as our group fitness solution is released – it’s nearly ready and we’re excited to share it with you!
Here’s a quick preview of the type of tracks in each of our group fitness lists:
CARDIO – for high energy beats
HIIT – for fast-paced high intensity
MOTIVATE – for strength and conditioning
BALANCE – for cool-downs, core, yoga and pilates