GET THE CROWD INVOLVED THIS AUSTRALIA DAY!
Everyone wants to be a DJ and thanks to the crowdDJ app they can be this Australia Day! The nation is currently voting on the hottest tracks of last year for Triple J’s countdown, so why not let your followers know that they can also listen to these plus all of their fave Aussie artists in your venue. The below Social Media Guide post will link your followers to the crowdDJ app download page so that they are armed and ready to go as soon as they walk through your doors on Australia Day.
Social Media Sharing Guide
Here is everything you’ll need to promote crowdDJ in your venue on Australia Day, in order to get the crowds rolling in.
1. Create a Facebook Post for crowdDJ
- Go to your venue’s Facebook Social Media page, then create a new wall post.
- Copy the link below and paste into the post. This will link your patrons to the crowdDJ app download page.
- Once you have pasted the link into your post, Facebook will automatically create a hyperlink to our crowdDJ page and a thumbnail preview image will appear. When multiple thumbnail images appear, ensure that under the ‘Available images’ section at the bottom of the post only the Australia Day image is selected.
- You can now remove the pasted link by backspacing the text. The thumbnail and link will still remain.
- Add your promotional message to the post. We have put together a few sample suggestions for your post but of course, feel free to use your own wording to promote your Australia Day party.
The Hottest of 2015 – Who is your top pick for the Triple J Hottest 100 Countdown? We want to hear! Download the crowdDJ app and join us on Australia Day to play your fave songs!
Australia Day BBQ – What is your fave Aussie song of all time? Download the crowdDJ app and join us on Australia Day to play your faves!
Generic – Pick your music this Australia Day! We want to hear from you. Download the crowdDJ app to play your faves!
- Don’t forget to tag Nightlife in your post so that we can give it a share too! Not sure how to tag on Facebook? Click here to find out.
- Once you have added your text into the textbox, hit ‘Publish’!
2. Option: Pin Your Post
Make sure everyone who visits your Facebook page knows that they can pick their fave songs at your venue this Australia Day. You can pin the crowdDJ post so that it will remain at the top of your Facebook wall. To do this click on the down arrow in the top right hand corner of the post and select ‘Pin to Top’. After Australia Day, simply select ‘Unpin from Top’ to remove from the top of the page.
- To learn more about publishing Facebook posts and using ‘Pin to Top’, have a look here.
3. Option: Boost Your Post
To reach a wider audience and draw more people into your venue on Australia Day you can BOOST the post – this means you will reach people who aren’t currently following your page but are probably very interested in what you have to say. Finally, your post’s ‘reach’, or effectiveness, is determined by the amount of money you dedicate to boosting the post; however a small amount can go a long way. Please consider this option if you really want to make the most of your crowdDJ drawcard.
- To boost your post – go to a post you’ve created and then click ‘Boost Post’ (the button is on the lower-right corner of the post).
- To learn more about ‘Boosting’ Facebook posts, take a look here!
Remember, we are here to help! Please give us a call at any time on 1800 773 468 should you have any questions.