Note: For information on running your Countdown party, please see the Countdown Party Runsheet.
AIM: Use this Promotions Guide for ideas on how to tell your audience about your Countdown Party.
- We have designed a bunch of awesome artwork for you to use for the event cover photo for your Facebook event as well as slides for you to use to promote your party on the screens in your venue. Dropbox link | Google Drive link
- Check out our guide to loading advertising onto your Nightlife advertising channel
Create a Facebook Event page with all the important information your followers will need to know about the event.
Here is a sample description that you can use as is or edit to use for your Facebook event page:
Don’t miss our ‘Classic Countdown’ Party!
It’s been over 30 years since Countdown left our screens, but thanks to our event partners @crowdDJ and @ABCTV, we’re bringing the good times back and inviting you to get down in our venue!
What is Countdown:
First premiering in 1974 before finishing up in 1987, Countdown provided the soundtrack to an entire generation of Aussies. Iggy Pop, The Knack, Cheap Trick, Madonna, John Paul Young, Cold Chisel, David Bowie, Elton John, ABBA, Blondie are just a few of the star-studded line-up of artists who performed live, many of which were just kick-starting their careers.
To celebrate this golden age of music, we’re inviting you to join us to re-live their finest moments in living colour through a series of remastered music videos.
We’ll be playing all your favourite music videos from the Countdown TV series. Join us for a night of trivia, dress-ups and of course, dance-offs! Download the free crowdDJ® app from the app stores so you can become the DJ and choose which songs play next after our Countdown tracks finish!
- Continue to update your Facebook event with new content about your party. You can share updates from our image library (Google Drive or Dropbox location as above) or visit facebook.com/ABCTV. They share fresh Countdown video show-reels weekly and you can share content straight from there to your Event or Facebook page – search Facebook for Classic Countdown and hit the Videos tab and you’ll find a rich vein of hillarious videos to share..
- Add @crowdDJ® as the co-host for your event and we can update the event page with new content to help with user engagement.
- If you have a budget for boosting on Facebook, boost your event back to your audience and others that may be interested in this type of party.
Post about your event to other social channels
Share the details for your event on other social media channels such as your Facebook profile, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Here are some copy examples for posts:
- Molly called. He said it’s time to party. Don’t miss our Classic Countdown party on [_DATE_]. Head over to our event page for all the details! > Use image of Molly from our art folder
- This is it – your invitation to party like it’s 1979! Join us at the [_VENUE_] this coming [_DAY_]. See our Events page for more details on this free music event.
- What do Blondie, Elton John, Kiss and Billy Idol all have in common? They’re all coming to our Classic Countdown party this [_DAY_]! Join us as we celebrate their best performances at [_VENUE_]. See our events page for all the details!
- So you think that the 70’s & 80’s are the best eras of music ever made? Then you don’t want to miss our Classic Countdown party this [_DAY_]! P.S it’s free.
- Which Aussie TV program was famously known for showcasing the performances of local and touring artists? A. Countdown of course! We’ve got our hands on the best moments from Countdown and we’re having a party to celebrate! Check out our events page for all the details!
- Dust off your flares and get ready to take a trip down memory lane! We’re celebrating the most memorable moments of Countdown in our venue this [_DAY_]. Don’t miss it!
- Chuck on your dancing shoes and get on down to [_VENUE_] this [_DAY_] for an epic night of 70’s and 80’s tunes at our Classic Countdown party! More details on our Facebook page.
Using hashtags and tagging other accounts in your posts are useful methods for generating traction and engagement on your posts. Here’s the list of the official hashtags and account tags for Countdown events across the country.
Hashtags: #classiccountdown #crowdDJ #betterwithmusic
Tags: @crowdDJ @ABCTV + your venue
Additional optional hashtags: #1970 #1980 #80s #Countdown #IanMeldrum #MollyMeldrum #RobWeekes #Music #musicislive #abctv #abc